Pages

Sunday 7 November 2010

Advent preparations

Am I allowed to say Christmas yet?  I think I need to.  I had the mad idea on about 2nd November that this year was going to be the year I made a fabric advent calendar.  Not such a mad idea really.  Been wanting to do this for an age.  And better do it before the kids get too old to enjoy it. 
No, the mad idea was the brainwave that I should also make one for my sister's family and brother's family as their christmas present.  Genius.  Shall I make things simple for myself? A basic hanging with pockets perhaps.  oh no, I need to make a textile christmas tree with decorations added each day.  Three of them.  Oh goodness, I also have my best friend's kid who is my godson.  Maybe four.  Somebody stop me.  I need help!

4 comments:

  1. Stop already! No, really is one a week too much to do? I don't think that I would manage that. Thanks for your comment. We are very lucky to have two lofts, one over the main part of the house and another smaller one over my laundry room, cloakroom and part of the kitchen. This smaller one is exclusively for decorations, and it is full. We decorate for Valentines Day, Easter, 4th July, Halloween and of course Christmas. The Halloween decs are being put away today and there are 4 big boxes! Now I need someone to stop me buying decorations!xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will all be worth it in the end, I bet they'll look fab.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ;-))) Sounds like a lovely idea, can't wait to see what they look like....have fun. Dee x

    ReplyDelete
  4. They do sound lovely. Hope you get them all done in time !

    ReplyDelete